"When The Going Gets Weird, The Weird Turn Pro" - Hunter S. Thompson

Monday, October 10, 2005

For Art's Sake

I made an honest effort to publish my novel through conventional means; hiring an agent and waiting around like an idiot in the hope that someone in the publishing industry deemed it profitable enough to not stuff it under a large pile of paper on its way to the shredder. Well, so much for that crap. I waited long enough, nothing came of it so I fired my agent and moved on with my life. As much of an ego stroke as it would've been to see my book in paperback or to cash a royalty check, I never really saw myself making a living at writing. I find the artistic outlet much more rewarding. With that in mind, I offer my novel to the general public free of charge. The link to my novel can be found below my profile, I encourage anyone who's interested in a fun read to click on to it. Enjoy.

9 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

Keep submitting :) one day you'll find a publisher for your work, even if it's when you're 80.
Hugs.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Em said...

(ps. Not to say that it'll take that long, just saying that it's worth it to keep trying because one day you'll make it!!!)

6:47 AM  
Blogger M.R. said...

Rainbow Lotus - I knew what you meant, no offense taken. I really appreciate your encouragement. However, I'm not very interested in waiting until I'm 80. I'm not overly concerned over making a living through writing. I simply want my work to be read and I've made that possible by offering my novel free of charge. I hope you enjoy it.

8:12 AM  
Blogger M.R. said...

Thanks so much Graham. I welcome your feedback. I'm not the overly sensitive type so feel free to be candid.

8:17 PM  
Blogger bill's bitter pills said...

I think ALL writer's know where you're coming from...but you have the right attitude...if you can't beat them...blog them!

Hey, I like your blog. Do you want to exchange blog links? I'm at www.billsbitterpills.blogspot.com.

3:23 AM  
Blogger M.R. said...

Wolf - I couldn't have said it better myself. I don't sit around waiting for life to simply happen, I like having a hand in making it happen. I never wrote my novel with the intent of making it commercially viable, I wrote it because it was in me and needed to get out. Now that it's out it deserves to be read.

I took a cursory glance at your blog, I have a feeling I'm in store for some fun reading. I have you bookmarked. Thanks so much for your support.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Caz said...

What can I say - good on you, and I agree with previous comments: keep submitting to publishers, don't give up.

8:17 PM  
Blogger M.R. said...

Caz - I'm done submitting. I enjoy writing immensely but dealing with the publishing industry makes the whole thing feel too much like work.

9:29 PM  
Blogger bill's bitter pills said...

I agree. I'm tired of having to deal with publishers who "diss" my work but can't even write a grammatically correct rejection letter. Not that I wouldn't sell my writing to them, I would, but it feels like so much WORK! I say BLOG them!

Hey, you can also subscribe to my blog at www.billsbitterpills.blogspot.com. Or you can get the RSS feed.

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

torch

THE DEAD SHRINE

Skeleton And Roses GD 40th Anniversary Wings Psycle Sam

"They're A Band Beyond Description"