"When The Going Gets Weird, The Weird Turn Pro" - Hunter S. Thompson

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Still Stupid After All These Years

A headline from today's Newsday.com:

Rocker: I'm like Jackie, Hank

I'm reasonably certain there are a few people left in the world who still aren't entirely convinced that baseball pitcher John Rocker is a colossal putz. His recent comments should ensure a substantial drop in that tiny demographic.

In an interview last week Rocker was quoted as saying, "I know Hank [Aaron] and Jackie [Robinson] took a good deal of crap, but I guarantee it wasn't for six years. I just keep thinking: 'How much am I supposed to take?'"

Gee, I don't know. Live in fear due to constant death threats perhaps? Juggle endless bags of hate mail? Sit silently in the dugout as opposing teams threaten to boycott your games? Maintain the appearance that words like nigger, coon, darkie, junglebunny and porchmonkey simply roll off your back? Accept the fact that undercover federal agents are required to protect your child in school? That was the kind of crap Robinson and Aaron were expected to take. They took it and then some, you haven't even come close and never will.

Rocker made it his business to spew his ignorant drivel to the press, made an ass of himself and now can't take the stinging backlash generated from his racist and sexist remarks. Tough shit junior, live with it. At least you didn't have to sit in the back of the 7 train with the spics, niggers and fags.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

M.R. - You are a sanctimonious hypocrite. You criticize Rocker for what he says about blacks, yet you live in Alaska, about as far from blacks as you can get in North America. Funny how so many of your kind like to really come down hard on racists in public so you can go home to your nice, quiet, WHITE neighborhood and not feel guilty.

6:42 PM  
Blogger M.R. said...

Casey Crews - Slow your roll nimrod. If you possessed even an inkling of a clue about Anchorage Alaska and the urban squalor I live in, you'd realize that I couldn't swing a dead cat around here without hitting a black person. You should really make a habit of educating yourself about the subject matter you're inanely spewing about.

I have every reason in the world to criticize John Cracker. First off, I'm a free thinking human being with as much right to express an opinion as you do. Second, I happen to belong to two of the groups that moron was insulting, I'm Puerto Rican AND I was born and raised in New York. Third, he had the unmitigated gall to compare himself to Jackie Robinson and Hank Aaron, two men who had lived with intolerance and degradation throughout their lives. Rocker is the one going home to his WHITE neighborhood every day pal, not me. If that balloon head is going to cry, dribble and moan about how people still call him an asshole after all this time, then he deserves to be scoffed at. Go cry me a river, sweetheart.

And as for you Casey Crew, I got your sanctimonious hypocrite right here, come and suck on it!

Yours Sincerely,

M.R.

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting.
My husband was almost stationed in Anchorage Alaska. Close enough that I had my apartment picked out and a job lined up. In all of the sites and papers and loads of crap I read about Anchorage Alaska I never ever read that it was 'Whiteyville'
So may I critize Rocker for the crap he said?
After all I grew up in Whiteyville NY, lived in Hawaii (Casey, Hawaiians are racist towards white people).. raised in Hampton Roads VA, (Casey, look up their racial stats) and now I live in Phoenix just a hop skip and a jump from good 'ole Mexico.

But all that aside I'm confused why someone who DID live in an all white neighborhood and town would not be able to voice his or her opinion on someone making a racist comment.

And by the way, are you an alien or something Casey? You said "so many of YOUR kind". My kind is human. What are you?

Sorry MR.. didn't mean to voice such a long opinion in your comments.

9:21 PM  
Blogger M.R. said...

Rachel - No need to apologize, there's plenty of room for your comments. My door is always open.

I also fail to understand what difference anyone's racial background makes when expressing an opinion about an obvious racist.

Thank you for your thoughts fellow human.

M.R.

11:39 PM  
Blogger M.R. said...

Glad You like it Al. Thanks.

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

torch

THE DEAD SHRINE

Skeleton And Roses GD 40th Anniversary Wings Psycle Sam

"They're A Band Beyond Description"